Compile NVIDIA DLSS plugin for 5.3

UPDATE: 5.3 Download is now available in the official website. Grab it from there instead of doing this :slight_smile: (The marketplace webpage’s version still shows 5.2, but you can download 5.3 from that link)

As of now, the DLSS plugin is only available for 5.2 and is unavailable for 5.3

I have a python script that would upgrade the downloaded 5.2 code to 5.3 and build it.

Upgrade Steps

Download the 5.2 DLSS plugin from nvidia’s website after agreeing to the end user license agreement

Extract the zip file in a folder

Download the following three files to this folder (Click the raw button and save the file):

It should look like this:

Open up command prompt and run the python script build53.py

Let it complete:

Note: If it fails with some Android error, install Android support in 5.3 from the launcher

When it completes, you’ll have another folder along side the Plugins folder named Plugins_5.3

How this works:

The patch file upgrade53.patch contains the diff of the changes I made to make this work with UE 5.3.

• The python script copies the Plugins folder to Plugins_Temp folder
  • The python script uses pip to install the patch package
  • We patch the Plugins_Temp folder with the upgrade53.patch file. The Plugins_Temp folder now contains the code compatible with 5.3. (the original Plugins folder is unchanged)
  • Next we build the Plugins_Temp folder using RunUAT.bat to build the plugin for 5.3 and place it under Plugins_5.3 folder

Installation Steps

The installation steps are the same as you would normally do for installing the DLSS plugin
I’ve copied over the 3 plugins from the Plugins_5.3 folder over to Unreal engine 5.3’s marketplace plugins folder

Open up the 5.3 editor and enable the plugins

Enjoy faster framerates :slight_smile:

If you want the above Settings UI, put this in your Begin play

The BPW_NGX widget blueprint can be found in the Samples project in the zip file you downloaded from NVidia’s website

Install DLSSMoviePipelineSupport plugin [Optional]

If you want this plugin, you’ll need to run another script

It should look like this:

• Now run build53_step2.py. When done, it should have your 5.3 compiled DLSSMoviePipelineSupport plugin placed inside the Plugins_5.3 folder

Install this to the engine by copying it over to the engine’s plugin folder like before

1 Like

It worked Thanks ! <3

You’re welcome :slightly_smiling_face:. Welcome to the forums!

2 Likes

Thanks, I made it in video and add the link to your forum ! Really really enjoy it so much love to you friend !

1 Like

Amazing! I much apreciate this work! how can I resolve DLSSMoviePipelineSupport too? Render with this is verry needed, 2x faster at least! also thank you Mazxz for the video!

1 Like

@SirFamous Thank you and welcome to the forums :slight_smile: I’ve added another section here for steps on compiling the DLSSMoviePipelineSupport plugin

1 Like

Once I done with the full process, after on that step when I should enable the DLSS plugins inside the engine after the restart it is crashing. It says, this and this are missing, maybe it is build in different engine version or missing. What I missed or what is this issue?

After all I used @Mazxz files from the video, it is worked for me. But after the first issue the next just comes. So If it is not crashing after the restart, then inside the engine you directly got serious warnings with missings.

could you make it the rendering pipeline as well ?

You are the best Ali! Many thanks for taking your time to do this! Don’t know why but my pc refuse to do the job with the script… I also used @Mazxz files from the video! Mazxz can you also add to your chanel DLSSMoviePipelineSupport updated files? Many thanks again!

UPDATE: 5.3 Download is now available in the official website. Grab it from there instead of doing this :slight_smile: (The marketplace webpage’s version still shows 5.2, but you can download 5.3 from that link)

@SirFamous @Beni @jeremyxliminal @Mazxz

2 Likes

Holy molly finally!!!